Accounts Payable Analyst
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
This role reports to the Accounting Manager and coordinates with the company’s accounting function. This position is responsible for processing and analyzing accounts payable transactions, managing the accounts payable process, and ensuring any resulting entries conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Your Responsibilities will require you to:
- Verify and pay invoices and employee expenses
- Initiate check or payment runs
- Reconcile balances and maintain records
- Maintain vendor or supplier records in the accounting systems
- Ensure transactions are timely and accurate, and that expenses are accurately coded and allocated
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile general ledger or bank accounts on a regular basis
- Monitor cash flow
- Respond to inquiries from vendors or employees, and research and resolve concerns or discrepancies
- Assist in year-end or monthly/quarterly accounting procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or a business related field required
- 2+ years work experience in accounts payable function required
- Strong working knowledge of accounts payable workflow
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Customer focused (both internally and externally)
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint