Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
An Activation Specialist is the first point of contact with our newly approved merchants, providing them with the first impression of MerchantE. This position is responsible for training merchants on various payment processing systems with the goal of activating the merchant account. This position requires an energetic, solution solving individual who can provide our merchants with step by step installation assistance for various processing equipment, walk through of equipment capabilities and functions, technical support and troubleshooting, and provide merchants with the support resources needed to manage their account. This position will play a key role in securing revenue and building customer loyalty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact newly approved merchants and provide them step by step installation assistance for all terminals, POS systems, and software
- Verify that payment processing system and key functions are properly installed and programmed to process first transaction
- Troubleshoot technical issues as needed
- Schedule phone appointments for merchant installation assistance and follow up
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of applicable processing equipment, software and services that the organization offers
- Expand knowledge through internal resources, supervisors, fellow employees, company training, and trade publications
- Maintain a high degree of ethical behavior in all aspects of daily business including relationships with merchants, Partners and co-workers
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all MerchantE employees and departments by keeping a positive attitude and a collaborative focus in all interactions
- Manage and organize a high level of productivity through the effective use of all available resources including database systems and query reports.
- Adhere to company policies as defined
- Accept and complete assignment with open, cooperative, positive, and team oriented attitudes
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Customer Service call center experience
- Demonstrated computer skills (intermediate level)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to assimilate information and independently make sound decisions
- Ability to navigate and master critical software applications required to perform job functions
- Ability to clearly communicate with both written and verbal communication in a timely fashion
- Ability to develop detailed documentation of critical processes and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple demands effectively and efficiently and with a cordial demeanor
- Ability to schedule time effectively and proactively
- Ability to meet critical deadlines consistently
- Ability to follow through to 100% completion all tasks and job functions