Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Administrative Assistant position is responsible for several HR and general office-related functions, including maintaining confidential records and information, scheduling appointments, assisting with weekly New Hire Orientation, visitor and guest procedures, incoming mail distribution, snack management, parking and badge administration, office assignment and emergency evacuation procedures. This position is also responsible for assisting with a variety of facilities management activities, including coordination of repairs, upgrades and cleaning as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
-Supports Human Resources processes such as:
- Maintaining employee records and information, administering tests and training, assist with weekly New Hire Orientation, and scheduling appointments.
- Track employee data such as FMLA leave
- Assist with time and attendance recordkeeping.
- Plan and coordinate office events such as Employee Appreciate events, team building, and/or recognition events.
- Assists with presentations utilizing creative skills in various platforms such as Power Point and Visio or other basic graphic design tools.
- HR liaison with the Marketing department.
- Assist with Coupa expenses process.
-Manage and own general office-related functions such as:
- Managing the visitor/guest procedures and ensuring compliance with security check-in process.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and replenishment of office supplies.
- Ordering lunches as requested.
- Work collaboratively with Security by providing a daily visitors list and correspond to any issues with unexpected guest arrivals.
- Managing badge creation process for both employees and contractors.
- Ensuring snacks are ordered and stocked daily.
- Collecting and distributing incoming mail daily.
- Ensuring that emergency evacuation plans are developed and tested in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Serve as the point person for maintenance, upgrades, repairs, and cleaning.
- Gather vendor quotes and present for management review and approval.
- Coordinate with contractors and building management to ensure that work is being performed as expected. Report issues to management.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments