Business Development Representative
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for telephone and email prospecting; qualifying and processing marketing leads for the sales team; and generating summarized reports of their key findings. This individual will be an enthusiastic team player with exception phone communication skills able to understand different buying personas, position and communicate the value of ME solutions, and persuade new business prospects to learn more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reach out to prospects via telephone and email to qualify leads using a specified scoring system. The expected activity level for this position is 75 calls per day.
- Navigate through a conversation flow to uncover business needs, understand pains, and position company products as compelling solutions.
- Generate marketing qualified leads that are processed as new opportunities and sent to the sales team in the CRM system (Salesforce.)
- Maintain and update an accurate log of activity in the CRM system.
- Convey summarized key findings from phone conversations to the rest of the Marketing team to help refine marketing communications.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- Prefer 1-3 years of experience in a customer service, lead generation or sales role
- Experience with Salesforce
- Exceptional communication skills- both written and verbal- and the ability to build a genuine rapport with prospects over the phone promptly
- Ability to learn quickly and manage multiple priorities and/or project
- Driven and resourceful in finding new approaches to ensure his/her message is resonating with potential customers
- Ability to problem-solve and identify process efficiencies and improvements
- Familiarity or ability to quickly learn marketing systems and tools