Channel Marketing Manager, Vertical Initiatives
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
This role will work collaboratively with members of the Marketing team, the Vertical Marketing team, and others across the company in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. This position will include general marketing responsibilities with a concentration in key verticals beginning with the CBD/Cannabis market. Develop and implement marketing plans, including tradeshows, sponsorships, digital advertising, and email campaigns to increase the ME market share, and establish KPIs and tracking mechanisms to assess effectiveness; and adjust efforts to continually increase market share.
- Marketing Planning and Implementation
- Collaborate with sales, business development, sales enablement, and product to ensure solution and messaging strategies address the needs of the specific vertical market
- Collaborate with Sales, Sales Enablement, Partner Management to provide marketing plans, messaging and content/collateral to enable direct sales and sales through channel partners.
- Develop value-based messaging and use case stories to shape and support marketing and sales positioning.
- Develop strategies for lead generation campaigns, which include paid media, webinars, blogs, social media campaigns and events.
- Establish success criteria and reporting for tracking effectiveness of marketing tactics and ongoing marketing. Present findings to leadership and apply findings to real-time decision making.
- Review and assist in creative concept development and refinement.
- Conduct research and compile industry information to support marketing messaging, sales positioning and advertising investment.
- Write and edit content for various media. Develop vertical-specific thought leadership content.
- Contribute to Industry Vertical Marketing planning, providing guidance on industry’s payments products potential and associated messaging.
Required Education, Skills or Experience
- BA in Business, Marketing or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a similar marketing role.
- Must love the process of gaining understanding of technology products. Marketing experience in the fintech or payments industry strongly preferred.
- Experience developing a vertical marketing strategy strongly preferred and experience marketing to the CBD/Cannabis market or in other emerging verticals is a plus
- High standards for organization; developed methodology for staying organized.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing complex projects like multi-faceted GTM plans or trade show participation.
- Ability to make forward progress on multiple projects at once.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- PowerPoint "expert" a strong plus!
- Exceptional attention to detail; proofreading skills
- Strong critical thinking abilities
- Self-motivated interest in learning about new marketing technologies, understanding our technology product offerings, and becoming knowledgeable about the financial technology industry.
- Excellent organizational and quantitative skills.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, great team player, eager to grow skills and career, and able to multi-task.
Preferred Education, Skills or Experience
- Experience in payments solutions to high risk industries and/or the CBD and Cannabis markets is a plus
- Knowledge of digital advertising and marketing, Salesforce, Hubspot, and business promotion using LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, a plus.
- Content writing experience a plus.
- Proficient in analyzing marketing effectiveness and demonstrating ROI.
- Ability to travel to 2-3 trade shows per year, and work flexible hours as needed.
Tom- #Li-TH1 #remote