Client Services Specialist
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Client Services Specialist is responsible to ensure correct, efficient, and memorable service to all callers. Responsible for retaining merchant accounts by negotiating pricing, rates, and contract extensions. Ability to work in a self-paced sales environment.
Your Responsibilities will require you to:
- Be responsible for retaining merchant accounts and relationships by providing solutions including price changes and extending contracts.
- Engage merchants via phone calls or email.
- Discern merchant concern.
- Identify merchant need, engage, or route to proper channel(if not pricing related).
- Research, understand and familiarize with current merchant status in company proprietary system.
- Learn & Understand ME Products & Pricing Methods.
- Read and Analyze competitor offers if applicable.
- Utilize Merchant Online Pricing tool for repricing analysis.
- Ensure that all merchant repricing is contingent on contract renewal.
- Follow retention guidelines for proper escalation and approvals.
- Pro-actively contact merchants per designated list based on merchant cross selling opportunity, risk and cancellation status.
- Responsible for hitting established retention targets and goals
- Enter data and submit account change requests and directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Candidate Profile:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of Merchant Customer Care experience
- Ability to negotiate with customers and retain their business
- Strong sense of customer service (ability to show empathy and solve problems) with heavy customer contact via telephone in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and listening skills.
- Strong organizational and negotiation/cross-selling skills.
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated sales and retention experience in a customer care environment
- Prior experience in a sales environment
- Demonstrated navigational aptitude for complex computer applications
- Ability to communicate with many departments/team environment
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word , PowerPoint, and Outlook email