Client Strategy Manager
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
Strategically own, maintain, and retain the relationships of top accounts as assigned; these accounts are our highest volume and strategic clients that have the need for an advisor and advocate in payments processing. The Client Strategy Manager will introduce and sell new ME Products and Services. Will have direct contact with Executive-Level Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess assigned Portfolio and determine best approach to Consultatively Upsell additional Products and Service to meet Quarterly/Annual Targets per Sales Incentive Plan (SIP).
- Prepare Quarterly Review Meetings via Phone or In-Person.
- The ability to negotiate on pricing and get signed agreements on new and renewed merchants.
- Work on getting merchants to refer business to Merchant e-Solutions.
- Self-starter; the ability to work alone, self-motivated as well as being a team player.
- The ability to develop and refine presentations, technology and pricing sales strategies, and be able to communicate efficiently and effectively to all levels of management including C-levels.
- Be able to pull in resources as needed and self-learn the processing process.
- Be able to address and remove common merchant objections.
- Discuss business problems and challenges while bringing and recommending solutions.
- Maintain weekly reports on account progress.
- Interchange Optimization - The ability to understand Visa and MasterCard interchange and ways to reduce overall merchant cost is required
- Travel up to 40%
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of similar experience in the Payments Industry; business development, sales, marketing, and/or account management
- Track record of success in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales teams that have consistently exceeded planned objectives.