Compensation & Total Reward Analyst
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
Support the planning, development and implementation of new and revised Compensation and Pay programs, policies and procedures to align with the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring that company total rewards programs are consistently and fairly administered in alignment with internal objectives and external government regulations.
Duties & Responsibility
- Performs position analysis and conducts analytical studies such as market analysis, internal equity analysis, and cost modeling for job evaluation purposes; develops and implements compensation reporting and metrics; and researches, monitors, and tracks best practices, internal and external data trends, and related literature.
- Consults regarding compensation solutions and tactical approaches; provides interpretive guidance on various professional and statutory (e.g. FLSA) guidelines related to compensation; formulates recommendations and provides data to assist in the development and implementation of system-wide compensation strategies.
- Develops communications to support delivery and administration of compensation policies, practices and programs.
- Assist in the implementation and administration of total rewards programs.
- Assist to ensure total rewards programs are cost effective, market competitive and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Conduct ongoing research into market trends and best practices regarding total rewards programs.
- Assist with implementation and deployment of new total rewards programs along with making recommendations for strategic total rewards plans.
- Participates in various third-party compensation surveys; develops reports as necessary to respond to ad hoc requests for salary information/analysis.
- Reviews new or revised position descriptions to determine appropriate salary grade allocation and FLSA classification; works as needed with managers to revise/modify various position description information (e.g. duties and responsibilities, minimum requirements, etc.) to ensure accurate representation of the job.
- Assists in the development and facilitation of compensation & total rewards training sessions as needed.
- Provides support in annual compensation planning and administration such as year-end performance management and merit increase budget projections
- Research and analyze compensation & total rewards solutions to ensure internal alignment and external competitiveness and compliance
- Analyze data such as job levelling, titling matrix, banding, salary benchmarking, total reward options, etc. to established guidelines, policies and practices
- Assist with ad hoc projects such as job evaluations, data cleanup, and support merger and acquisition activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources Management, Finance, or closely related field or equivalent work experience in Human Resources
- Relevant certifications such as CCP, CEBS, SPHR, PHR
- Requires 3+ years of experience in HR, specifically with compensation & total rewards
- Compensation certification from HRCI or SHRM preferred but not required
- Familiarity with federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Computer proficiency, technical aptitude and analytical acumen.
- Ability to use problem-solving and critical thinking skills to resolve unforeseen situations in a calm, structured manner.
- Ability to think strategically and deliver operationally within deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of the organization.
- Organized and detail-oriented with ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of quality, speed, and flexibility for change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.