Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
Paralegal support includes drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts under attorney supervision; effectively communicating and building strong business relationships with internal clients to understand business objectives and identify issues to assist attorneys in providing value-added legal counsel; track and manage contract negotiations under attorney supervision; and other projects in support of the legal department objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage contract lifecycle from inception through execution
- Oversight of document retention and organization
- Support attorneys in drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial transactions, including sales, service, consulting, technology, licensing, non-disclosure, dealer and other agreements.
- Track contract details and phases until contract execution while continuously communicating progress to supervising attorney and internal clients
- Communicate with business and support clients to understand objectives, review and draft contracts, and identify key issues to assist attorneys and internal clients
- Assist with corporate development, finance and M&A deals including managing and maintaining files, preparing and updating deal checklists/trackers, and organizing diligence update meetings with internal legal teams and outside counsel.
- Collaborate with corporate development executives to project manage corporate transactions, including gathering of required project information from internal stakeholders.
- Assist corporate attorneys to establish new processes, tools, and templates for efficient deal execution.
- Support corporate attorneys in the preparation of 10-Ks, 10-Qs, annual meeting and proxy materials in collaboration with internal functions.
- Support and manage document productions for third party disputes and other document requests from outside counsel (e.g., litigation, arbitration, subpoenas, informal requests), including interfacing with record custodians and conducting document review for responsiveness and privilege
- Under attorney supervision, research and respond to other legal department requests related to corporate or legal compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree or must have successfully completed an ABA approved paralegal certification program
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a corporate paralegal in either a law firm or corporate setting
- Strong ability to work well in a collaborative team environment and build strong personal relationships within the team and across the business at all levels
- Experience with Excel and contract management systems is preferred
- Detailed-oriented and can manage multiple projects
- Excellent follow-through skills and ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with team and customers
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of operations and senior management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team