Customer Care Supervisor
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment (including a game room and free snacks!) where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Customer Care Supervisor coordinates the activities of the call center team(s) to ensure that telephone customer service support standards and company goals are achieved. The Supervisor manages the employee resources to ensure effective and efficient customer service is always provided to the company’s customers. The incumbent provides the training, coaching, and motivation required to develop each employee to meet the company standards and requirements. The Supervisor reports to the Customer Service Manager and provides information regarding escalations and resolutions. The Supervisor evaluates employee performance, reviews and approves employee time sheets and time off requests, uphold company policy, and conduct corrective action. The supervisor’s goal is to achieve and drive excellent performance from the team to support the company’s goals.
Your Responsibilities will require you to:
- Supervises the call center team(s) to ensure that customer service support standards and company goals are achieved.
- Manages employee resources to ensure effective and efficient customer service is provided to the customers at all times.
- Trains, coaches, and motivates each employee towards growth and development to meet the company standards and requirements.
- Provides updates regarding escalations and resolutions to the Customer Service Manager.
- Evaluates employee performance, reviews and approves employee time sheets and time off requests, upholds company policy and conduct corrective actions.
- Monitor productivity of customer service representatives and generate reports.
- Monitor and review service calls to observe the customer service experience, subordinate statistics, and compliance.
- Monitor individual, team, and call center results to identify and act on both positive and negative performance trends to ensure attainment of revenue goals and performance targets.
- Assist in the formulation of targets for individuals and teams.
- Measure performance with key metrics such as call abandonment, calls waiting, etc.
- Provide communication and follow up to ensure representatives are fully informed of all new information related to work processes and company related issues.
- Answer questions and recommend corrective services to address customer complaints.
- Anticipate escalations and take over calls when needed.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
- Devise ways to optimize procedures and keep staff efficient and motivated.
- Ensure adherence to policies for attendance, established procedures, etc.
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.
- Prepare composite reports from individual reports by subordinates.
- Keep management informed on issues and problems.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as required or requested in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve overall objectives of this position.
Qualified Candidate Profile:
- Associates Degree Required (Bachelors Degree preferred)
- 3+ years of Call Center Supervisor experience with increasing professional growth and responsibilities
- Knowledgeable and experienced in call center procedures and metrics analysis
- Strong customer service background
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to adjust and interact with all levels of personnel and customers
- Able to teach and mentor to coach and develop team members in support of the business goals
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, goal-oriented, organized and take pride in their work
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task and adapt to changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office