Director Business Development - ISO
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Director of Business Development - ISO Partnerships is responsible for building, maintaining, and managing strategic ISO partner relationships. The Director of Business Development will play an integral role within their Channel working closely with their Channel Leader to focus on ISO partner satisfaction, new business growth, business reviews, portfolio profitability and day-to-day inquiries/escalations. The individual will be responsible for achieving sales targets for the ISO partner portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, cultivating, and managing the relationships with ISO partners
- Manage positive partner relationships with corporate officers, managers, sales representatives, and internal stakeholders.
- Work closely to see partner issue through to resolution.
- Creating and delivering sales presentations to various levels of partner contacts to discuss partner performance, new product/pricing initiatives and strategic planning.
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing partners.
- Act as a point of contact for all day-to-day partner related inquiries by providing seamless delivery of service and/or fulfillment requests via answering calls or e-mails.
- Navigate various systems to research to resolve inquiries.
- Internal cross collaboration to resolve issues on the partner’s behalf.
- Clear understanding and ability to differentiate all partner types to ensure proper management of any challenges, projects or inquiries.
- Monthly auditing of managed portfolios to ensure accurate billing
- Effectively manages any conversions of existing portfolio and manages projects for partners (when needed).
- Effective delivery of all communications.
- Train clients on back office tools as applicable.
- Routes, maintains, and tracks outstanding servicing requests and provides thorough follow up.
- Keeps clean, complete, and updated records in Salesforce.
- Experience recruiting and managing ISO Partners.
- Excellent business development, sales, marketing, and account management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, attention to detail and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to comprehend procedural information, including demonstrated ability to analyze account information, multi-task capable.
- Forward thinking individual that understands what is important to a partner and ensures their messaging complies
- Demonstrate superior negotiation, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate ownership of required duties and responsibilities
- Listens actively to others.
- Engages in and encourages two-way dialogue, selects the right level of communication for the audience.
- Openly shares feedback, information, ideas, and best practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Conflict resolution and attention to detail is a key skill for this role
Preferred Education, Skills or Experience:
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of Merchant Services experience, and/or a demonstrated strong and successful sales background with the ability to quickly learn/grasp new ideas and concepts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.