Director Client Strategy
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment (including a game room and free snacks!) where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Director of Client Strategy will be responsible for the oversight of the Account Management team and will be responsible for driving key activities to manage and grow our existing partnerships at MerchantE. In addition, this role will require the ability to build key processes and activities that develop a sense of ownership and accountability within the Account Management team. The Director of Client Strategy will work closely with the Partnership Development and the General Managers for Partnerships to ensure a world-class, consistent partner experience. Key objectives will be client satisfaction, day to day inquiries/escalations, business reviews, portfolio profitability/growth, and new business growth. The Account Management team will play an integral role in achieving sales targets for specified clients and overall net contribution so it will be important that the Director of Client Strategy foster an environment that builds strong relationships with our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the account management team to achieve growth and profitability objectives by driving proactive activities with our merchants.
- Foster an environment that develops strong relationships with our clients and business development team to understand industry needs.
- Develop and maintain a process to manage and communicate client needs by working closely with internal stakeholders such as Product, Marketing and Finance.
- Coach and develop an account management organization that focuses on opportunity, ownership and strong communication both internal and external.
- Identify and create sales and management tools and materials for the account management team.
- Responsible for new business productivity
- Develop key objectives, activities and metrics to drive productive relationships.
- Responsibilities for the account management team to include:
- Creating and delivering sales presentations to various levels of client contacts to discuss\ new product/pricing initiatives and strategic planning.
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing clients.
- Act as a point of contact for all day-to-day inquiries by providing seamless delivery of service and/or fulfillment requests via answering calls or e-mails.
- Navigate various systems to research to resolve inquiries.
- Internal cross collaboration to resolve issues on the client’s behalf.
- Clear understanding and ability to differentiate all client types to ensure proper management of any challenges, projects or inquiries.
- Effectively and thoughtfully resolve and respond to client issues regarding interchange and chargeback compliance, billing, funding, batch detail reports, e-Commerce products, and reporting.
- Monthly auditing of managed portfolios to ensure accurate billing
- Effectively manages any conversions of existing portfolio and manages projects for clients (when needed)
- Effective delivery of all communications regardless of topic.
- Train clients on back office tools as applicable.
- Routes, maintains and tracks outstanding servicing requests and provides thorough follow up.
- Keeps clean, complete and updated records in SalesForce.
- Previous team management experience
- Prior experience in building processes, functions, or departments.
- Ability to drive difficult conversations.
- Excellent business development, sales, marketing and account management skills.
- Keen ability to problem solve and develop new processes.
- Ability to enhance or create processes to drive departmental efficiencies
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database and E-mail software, preferably in the Microsoft office arena.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years' work experience in Merchant Services and/or Payments Industry.
MerchantE is committed to creating a diverse work environment and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.