Inside Sales Representative
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for generating new small to medium sized business and growing company revenues through the successful development of integrated referral relationships in the fields of business management software and integrated e-commerce verticals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire new processing business by developing leads from integrated referral partners.
- Identify prospects that can benefit from an integrated payments solution within their customer base.
- Convert merchant leads into active merchant processing accounts, and grow sales coming from these referral partners.
- Use the ME suite of e-commerce, mobile, tablet, and POS payment solutions drive new business to exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue quotas.
- Responsibilities for all aspects of acquiring and on-boarding new business, including:
- Initiate and develop prospects
- Price and Product Selection
- Negotiate contracts
- Ensure Merchant Activation (assisted by Operations)
- Ability to acquire new payment business through developed partnerships and drive revenue from their customer base
- Contribute and work closely with Sales Operations, Business Development, Product, Marketing and Sales.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement for all areas of the Merchant e-solutions Sales Organization. This involves sales training, ongoing selling techniques, supervising skills, and compensation analysis and program developments.
- Preferred 1-3 yrs. experience working with integrated payments solution providers in the payments/ merchant services industry.
- Has worked with companies to launch integrated payments solutions. Gateway and payments experience preferred.
- Track record of executing successful channel partnerships and marketing campaigns
- Ability to provide business leadership, communicate clearly, and ferociously execute on new business opportunities.
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally and influence others not in your direct control.
- Deep sales experience selling integrated solution providers.
Preferred Education, Skills or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business
- History of consistently exceeding quota with experience in closing complex sales (merchant, channel, or partner), consultative selling, and directly selling technology solutions to retailers and restaurants.
- In-depth knowledge of integrated payments including, software, hardware, and payments solutions.
- Strong understanding of the Channel Ecosystem: ISO, VARs, System Integrators and their revenue models