IT Support Specialist II
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
In this role, the candidate will use extensive hardware, software, operating system, and desktop application knowledge and highly refined customer service skills, to support MerchantE’s end-user community. This position will serve as the first point of contact for all MerchantE corporate end-users for technical support. This person will troubleshoot in-person, over the phone and remotely as Tier I support and will escalate to Tier II support as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- On-site and remote support for employees requiring technical help with laptops, mobile devices, applications, and general network issues including Wi-Fi and VPN
- Ability to support, configure, and upgrade application software, laptop hardware and mobile devices using Windows or iOS.
- Demonstrate to employee’s proper system usage and security
- Password resets and account maintenance for various applications
- Detailed documentation, reporting, and tracking of support tickets
- Participate in, in-office rotation schedule
- Other support/responsibilities as needed under the direction of IT management
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- A+/Network+/Microsoft or other approved and relevant technical certifications are a plus
- In-depth knowledge of installing, configuring, deploying, and supporting Windows 10, iOS, Office 365, and corporate applications
- Must have good network troubleshooting skills and in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, and VPN
- Strong knowledge supporting laptop hardware and mobile devices
- Excellent follow-through on task assignments
- High level of initiative and dedication
- Outstanding customer service skills, soft skills are essential
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- 3-5 years of experience supporting corporate users with demonstrated progression in career and technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and develop technical skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Creative problem-solving abilities while adhering to policies and procedures
- Strong adherence to security to protect company assets