Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
Work collaboratively with members of the Marketing team and others across the company in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. This position will include general marketing responsibilities with a concentration in Product Marketing, developing plans and support for new product launches and increasing penetration of products post-launch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing Planning and Implementation
- Collaborate with product, marketing and sales team members to drive successful product launches, including rollout plans for end users, as well as plans and support to enable sales through channel partners.
- Develop value-based messaging and use case stories to shape marketing and sales positioning.
- Provide product expertise to drive messaging for lead generation campaigns, webinars, blogs, social media campaigns and events.
- Establish success criteria for tracking effectiveness of launch, tactics and ongoing marketing. Present findings and apply findings to real-time decision making.
- Review and assist in creative concept development and refinement.
- Conduct research and compile industry information when appropriate and needed.
- Write and edit content for various media.
- Support Channel Marketing needs including custom branding and messaging for white label and referral partners and development of integrated campaigns to drive sales of new products.
- Contribute to Industry Vertical Marketing planning, providing guidance on industry’s payments products potential and associated messaging.
- BA in Business, Marketing or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a similar marketing role.
- Must love the process of gaining understanding of technology products. Marketing experience in the fintech or payments industry strongly preferred.
- High standards for organization; developed methodology for staying organized.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing complex projects like multi-faceted GTM plans or trade show participation.
- Ability to make forward progress on multiple projects at once.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- PowerPoint "expert" a strong plus!
- Exceptional attention to detail; proofreading skills
- Strong critical thinking abilities
- Self-motivated interest in learning about new marketing technologies, understanding our technology product offerings, and becoming knowledgeable about the financial technology industry.
- Excellent organizational and quantitative skills.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, great team player, eager to grow skills and career, and able to multi-task.
Preferred Education, Skills or Experience:
- Knowledge of digital advertising and marketing, Salesforce, Hubspot, and business promotion using LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, a plus.
- Content writing experience a plus.
- Proficient in analyzing marketing effectiveness and demonstrating ROI.
- Ability to travel (up to 15%) and work flexible hours as needed.