Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
MerchantE seeks a knowledgeable, talented, and detail-oriented Network Engineer. The Network Engineer will be responsible for planning, building, and supporting the network infrastructure to meet the needs of the business. Local Candidates Only. This role requires some onsite visits to our Alpharetta, GA corporate location.
The ideal candidate will be a Self-starter, motivated, and have extensive knowledge of computer networking models and protocols with practical hands-on technical experience with routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers. This position requires strong organizational leadership skills, cross-department.
Subject Matter Expert responsible for providing first line support for computer networking infrastructure, including:
- Routers (Cisco ASR and ISR)
- Switches (Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus)
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA and Palo Alto)
- Load Balancers (F5 LTM)
- Manage projects, tracking, and service delivery.
- Ability to convert project requirements into design strategy and lead through the project lifecycle
- Research and provide networking solutions around projects related to financial transaction processing
- Ensure High Availability for network functionality
- Provide design, implementation, and verification plans
- Follow PCI mandated Change Management Process
Required Education, Skills or Experience:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field. Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a Network Engineering role.
- Strong understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite, including TCP/UDP and the OSI networking model
- Strong experience with F5 Local Traffic Manager
- Network routing technologies - (EIGRP/BGP/VRF)
- Network switching technologies - (Spanning Tree Protocol, Multi-layer switching)
- Network tunneling protocols - (IPSec VPN, DMVPN, GRE)
- Working knowledge of MPLS
- Experience with High Availability protocols - including link aggregation, clustering, stacking, VPC, and gateway redundancy protocols
- Understanding of network security protocols (TLS/SSL, PKI, IPSec, VPN technologies)
- Network packet analysis using Wireshark or similar tool.
- Familiarity and experience with Network Management Systems (Solarwinds, OpsManager, or similar tools)
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends with occasional travel
- Must participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Experience designing and implementing highly available data center networks
- Financial industry experience and/or familiarity with the PCI standard
- Experience with Amazon EC2, VPC, and Security Object groups
- Experience with next-generation data center technologies (VXLAN, SDN, NFV, Open Networking)
- Knowledge of three-tier web architectures
- Scripting knowledge (Python, Perl, etc) or automation toolsets (Ansible, Salt)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (or equivalent experience) is recommended
MerchantE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 6470725002