Product Owner M&A
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment (including a game room and free snacks!) where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Product Owner will serve as a liaison between business units, technology and support teams of both MerchantE and any acquired companies to facilitate product development. This role directly interfaces with engineering, QA and operations experts to represent the voice of the customer/user and is responsible for defining, documenting and clearly articulating requirements to the delivery team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead in creation of functional specifications in collaboration with product management and engineering teams.
- Communicate effectively to and manage product development and delivery within scrum team
- Prioritize and refine backlog and work with engineering to design and build the product
- Create IT requirements to drive changes and enhancements in user story format
- Data mapping of source and receiving systems. Gap analysis of acquired companies’ products and capabilities.
- Establish and monitor performance metrics, providing related reporting to product management and executives to communicate project status.
- Act as subject matter expert for assigned area, which could include interfaces to authorization, settlement, internal servicing systems and merchant facing applications.
- Conduct research and respond to questions in regards to system functionality. This function will support new development initiatives as well as bug fixes and system patches.
- Solidify requirements by analyzing documentation, hosting interviews and conducting research.
- Work with engineering to work within, refine and improve agile process
- Support, create, open and sponsor projects related to improvements/enhancements in area of ownership (both technical and business related). This includes creation of business requirements and user stories.
- Aid in and conduct user acceptance testing.
- Resolve production issues escalated by product support teams.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in information services, information technology, computer science, business or related area.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent experience as a business analyst / product owner working with gateway processing or business platform reporting
- Must have experience in data mapping and gap analysis directly related to mergers and/or acquisitions
- Knowledge and experience in the card brand /payment processing industry.
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile development environments required.
- Ability to contribute effectively within a fast paced, fluid environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with a wide audience: IT, development, product management, operations, account support, vendors/partners, customers and management.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects with limited management oversight, including timelines, tasks, teams, group dynamics, etc.
- Willingness to do what it takes to ensure the team accomplishes its goals.
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
MerchantE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.