Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Product Owner (PO) will work with the Product Manager to understand detailed requirements and will then translate those requirements into user stories. The PO will work closely with Product Managers and Engineering/Scrum Teams to ensure that the vision of the product is accurately conveyed and executed. The PO will be responsible for attending and/or leading Agile ceremonies, prioritizing the backlog based on defined roadmap, and communicating status to the Product Manager.
Your Responsibilities will require you to:
- Lead in creation of functional specifications, in collaboration with Product Management and Engineering teams
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value and ROI
- Communicate effectively to and manage product development and delivery within scrum team
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team
- Ensure that the scrum team always has an adequate amount of prior-prepared tasks to work on
- Prioritize and refine backlog based on Product Roadmap
- Create IT requirements and acceptance criteria to drive changes and enhancements in user story format
- Aid in and conduct user acceptance testing
- Communicate and prioritize production issues escalated by product support teams
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, information technology, business, or business-related area
- 3 years of relevant experience; 2+ years payments industry experience, strongly preferred
- Experience with Netsuite software, preferred
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile development environments required
- Ability to contribute effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact across the organization
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills