Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Scrum Master serves as the servant leader of our delivery teams. This individual helps scrum teams reach peak productivity through coaching and mentoring, resolving impediments, tracking team metrics and most importantly driving improvements. The Scrum Master also plays a critical role in driving our agile development practices into the organization. Our Scrum Masters will have a software development background, are passionate about delivering quality working tested software to support our company growth and have typically worked within a software product organizations.
US WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED - No visa sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible through continuous improvement initiatives and reduction of waste.
- Organize and facilitate planning, successfully facilitate ceremonies and refine and maintain the team backlog.
- Track and communicate team performance.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principle of collaborations, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Strong solution orientation and not afraid to roll sleeves up to drive business outcomes.
- A passion for developing and growing technical people with their teams
- Aligning the technical deliverables with the product backlog.
- Present team project delivery updates to executives (including the CEO)
- Achieve release milestones related to product delivery in the market.
- Managing team velocity and meeting sprint commitments
- Partner and collaborate daily to drive solutions with colleagues outside of the Engineering department
- Servant leadership for the team and a highly collaborative individual
- Strong executive and leadership presence
- Strong negotiation skills
- Flexible and adaptable working with and across teams
- Can apply systems thinking when problem-solving.
- BS degree in Engineering or technical field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team.
- 4+ years in a software development role prior to being a Scrum Master
- 4+ years as a project manager / or a delivery role prior to being a Scrum Master (bonus)
- We would like this experience to be within a product development environment (externally facing to the enterprise product)
- Having had software engineering (code development) experience in their professional (or personal with project examples) career
- Must have implemented Scrum concepts and principles within a larger agile delivery system.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, systems thinking, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented development patterns and techniques.
- Experience with and knowledge of the software and/or hardware development life cycle
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM)
- Formal training in project management practices preferred.
- Development and Automated QA experience
- Expert user - Jira
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- SAFE/Scrum/Lean certification