Senior Financial Analyst
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be a key contributor in the FP&A Department who works directly with various functional leaders to formulate key planning assumptions and manage the monthly forecast and annual planning processes. This individual will also analyze monthly variances, create and distribute financial reporting, perform special projects, and provide analytical support to key leaders to achieve expected financial results. This position reports to the Director of FP&A.
Your Responsibilities will require you to:
- Analysis of trends in key performance indicators and utilization of them to create accurate financial forecasts
- Performance of variance analysis of results to provide insights to management and inform future forecasts
- Development of financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Partnership with key leaders to create dashboards that monitor key performance indicators
- Recommendation of improvement actions to achieve expected results
- Creation of ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Administration of financial tool (Adaptive)
- Mentorship of other financial analysts on the team
Qualified Candidate Profile:
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance. A professional designation or advanced degree is preferred.
- Knowledge/experience of financial reporting required.
- 5+ years of professional financial experience (preferably FP&A experience)
- The ability to utilize current technologies to bring solutions to business process.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize the various tools of the MS Office Suite
- Developed interpersonal and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to adapt to ongoing changes, both from a technology and process perspective.
- Strong leadership skills required
- Preferred skills - Adaptive Insights and payment processing industry experience