Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
This role reports to the Accounting Manager and provides leadership and coordination to the company’s Accounting function. This position is responsible for ensuring that company accounting, audit and reporting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Your Responsibilities will require you to:
- Conduct month-end closing procedures
- Manage assigned portion of accounting operations
- Prepare BS and IS account analysis
- Preparing month end journal entries
- Reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to GL
- Review and create monthly accruals
- Annual, quarterly and month-end close and review process
- Responsible for Sales and Miscellaneous tax reporting
- Prepare PBCs and other document requests from External Auditors
- Adhoc analysis and reporting as requested by Accounting leadership
- Maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting
- Champion continuous improvement in accounting department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or a business related field required
- 5+ years work experience
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Experience with SOX compliance strongly preferred.
- Experience with IPO readiness, execution and SEC Reporting Post IPO strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects utilizing strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Customer focused (both internally and externally)
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint