Sr. Credit Analyst
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Credit Analyst assists in researching new merchant applications to verify the legitimacy of the business and it owners / officers, reviewing financial statements to assess financial stability, portfolio management and educate merchants as to the liabilities associated with the acceptance of electronic payments and ensure merchants are compliant with Association rules and regulations.
Your Responsibilities will require you to:
- Analyze new merchant applications for merit by: Utilizing/understanding Credit Reports, Dunn & Bradstreet Reports, Risk Score modules, Tax Returns/Financial Statements, Web Site Reviews and various other tools in the industry
- Process required number of applications per day under the optimum circumstances after sufficient amount of due diligence is performed.
- Work with and communicate with Risk Analyst and Collection Specialist in an effort to minimize potential loss.
- Timely and effectively communicate with MeS Management, applicable internal departments, internal/external sales representatives and merchants.
- Report status activity on potential risks with recommendations for actions.
- Assist department manager in credit approval overrides and training internal and external clients.
- Help develop/assist on ideas that will increase company profitability and production while keeping the integrity of our portfolio.
- Approval of Credit Analyst accounts outside their authority and referring accounts to the appropriate Company Officer for approvals outside authority.
- Perform re-underwriting of specified accounts, including analyzing recent financials and compiling the research in a formal write up to be reviewed by the Credit Committee
- Participate in Credit Committee meetings as needed
- Provide weekly credit stats for the Credit & Loss Report on a weekly basis
- Assist with projects related to system enhancements within the credit and risk teams
Qualified Candidate Profile:
- 4+ years’ experience in credit/underwriting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: Refined written and verbal communication skills with the ability to contribute in a team environment and foster open communications, listen effectively, and tailor message to multiple audiences
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to comprehend procedural information, including demonstrated ability to analyze credit and financial information, both individual and business
- Critical thinking and problem solving; challenge the status quo thinking to generate new ideas; takes an open mid approach to situations.
- Banking, Accounting or finance background required
- High degree of experience with Microsoft Office products
- Financial Statement Analysis
Preferred Education, Skills or Experience:
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (i.e. finance, accounting, or economics) preferred.
- Payment processing/credit card processing a plus
- Knowledge of the Visa/MasterCard rules/regulations a plus
- Ability to quickly learn/grasp new ideas and concepts
- Detail oriented and reliable-must be able to take instruction but function independently