Sr. Data Analyst, Billing
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
This role will be the thought leader in enhancing and optimizing MerchantE’s internal billing capability. This role is critical to developing the processes and discipline to audit merchant billing. Billing audit involves identifying a problem, issuing a subsequent correction, and verifying that the correction has been made. Additionally, on behalf of Analytics, partnering with sales, IT/Engineering, & Operations, they will project manage the billing audit process and organize, communicate, and strategically issue corrections. This position will be in the Finance organization reporting to the Director of Analytics.
Your Responsibilities will require you to:
- Become the business SME of Merchant and Partner Billing Systems
- Evaluate current capabilities of merchant and partner billing systems and develop requirements for any gaps and future needs.
- Project manage an effective billing audit process into our month-end close by collaborating with engineering, product, pricing teams.
- Perform audits to stop billing-related revenue leaks and develop processes to automate the audits.
- Produce P&L reporting for various billing elements and work to automate
- Produce manual components of monthly partner payments and work to automate
- Develop plans to identify permanent fixes for billing issues, including highlighting the problems to the leadership team for prioritization.
- Perform data-driven research and work with cross-functional teams to solve ad-hoc billing issues raised by various stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to develop preventive measures to avoid billing errors and champion the automation of different billing functions
- 5+ years experience in Payments, Financial Services, or Management Consulting with billing, pricing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience.
- Required technical background and experience to evaluate billing systems and communicate business requirements to functional requirements for engineering.
- Required expertise in complex relational database structures that facilitate billing
- Required ability to effectively write SQL queries, build Excel based P&L models, distill complex results or models into management presentations for nontechnical decision-makers
- Previous experience in an FP&A role is highly preferred.
- Confident decision maker - be able to evaluate numerous criteria and make good business decisions.
- Personal Drive - willingness and desire to go the extra mile in uncovering and solving difficult business problems, even when it lies outside traditional boundaries.
- Team Player - willingness and desire to be part of a strong team and contribute to a strong culture within and across organizations
- Problem solver- who is constantly looking for ways to create efficiencies and improve processes.