Sr. Data Analyst
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Sr. Data Analyst will be primarily responsible for enterprise predictive/prescriptive data models and ad-hoc reporting. They will strive to optimize & eliminate ad-hoc reporting requests and will develop data models such as forecasts & simulations over large complex data sets utilizing advanced statistical methods. Successful candidates will have strong written & verbal communications skills along with the ability to build and present technical content in a manner that non-technical stakeholders can readily consume and will possess adept demonstrable knowledge in the areas of quantitative / statistical analysis, data discovery, data manipulation, visualization, and automation.
US WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED - No visa sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
Your Responsibilities will require you to:
- Manage deliverables utilizing Jira & Kanban methodology
- Gather requirements from stakeholders
- Determine how to increase analytical value by understanding the use case
- Gather & normalize large data sets from internal and external sources (outside of excel)
- Explore, analyze, manipulate and report on large, multidimensional datasets (outside of excel)
- Visualize, distribute, and present results with appropriate context such as markdown
- Build queries, predictive, & prescriptive models with a focus on scalability and automation
- Responsible for content design methodology and project documentation
- 3+ years of experience in a functional analytics role (finance, accounting, sales, marketing)
- 1+ year of experience in an enterprise analytics role (BI, data analyst, data science)
- Highly proficient recent T/SQL querying skills, including optimization, parameterization, windowing, and functions
- Relational database programming proficiency creating views, tables, indexes
- Basic ETL experience bringing data into a MSSQL or scripting environment
- Microsoft Excel advanced user that understands how to create content in the most efficient and repeatable way with scalability and transferability to a non-excel solution in mind.
- Microsoft Excel skillset must include VBA, DAX, PowerPivot, solver, formulas, array formulas, pivot tables, and visualization
- Experience in a business setting utilizing one of the following tools to build and distribute visualizations & reports (Tableau, Power BI, Domo, Sisense)
- Proficiency in data modeling using a scripting language (SQL, Python, R)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize assignments
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Experience creating a CRUD interface for an MSSQL database using python/flask or .net
- Experience with rapid data visualization using azure data studio or similar
- Experienced applying advanced mathematical techniques (calculus, algebra) to business problems resulting in novel effective code
- Certification in data science and analytics
- Payments or other Financial services industry experience is a plus
- MS in a quantitative, computer sciences, engineering, or business program; or equivalent work experience
- Personal Drive - willingness and desire to go the extra mile in solving difficult business problems, even when it lies outside traditional boundaries
- Team Player - willingness desire to be part of a strong team and contribute to a strong culture within and across organizations; in support of Sales, Product, Ops and other organizations.