Sr. DevOps Engineer - Kafka
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
MerchantE are looking for a highly motivated self-starter Senior DevOps Engineer-Kafka responsible for building and administrating Feature Space, the risk and behavioral management solutions, in AWS with multiple Kafka clusters and other components
US WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED - No visa sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the risk analytics systems; responsible for performance and reliability for all the components in AWS and on-promise
- Design, build, and administrate systems and tools use by risk analytics systems like Kafka clusters, MongoDB, Elastics, EKS, S3, Route53, and AWS infrastructure
- Responsible for routine AWS administration tasks, not limited to user management and daily backup
- Automation is your best friend to achieve DevOps and architectural goals, with a day-to-day focus on automation
- Responsible for risk analytics systems operations and administrations
- Responsible for documentation and training
- Work closely with other team members and Software engineers on AWS infrastructure, networking, tasks, and operations like Kubernetes/EKS, and Kafka
- Stand up and administrate on-premise Kafka cluster running in Kubernetes if needed
- Provide expertise in Kafka brokers, zookeepers, Kafka connect, Kafka stream, KSQL, and Kafka Control center
- Create topics, deploy monitoring tools, alerts and has good knowledge of best practices
- Involve in design and capacity review meetings to provide suggestion in Kafka and other AWS infrastructure usage
- Responsibility for Kafka security setup
- Proactive monitoring, prevent and troubleshoot related issues
- Strong skills in In-memory applications, Database Design, and Data Integration
- 5+ years solid Kafka administrations experience
- 5+ years in AWS infrastructure, engineering, and administration experience
- 3+ years Kubernetes/EKS in AWS or on-premise experience
- Working knowledge on Consul and Vault
- Solid knowledge of monitoring tools, Elastics, Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana
- Hands on experience on recovery in Kafka
- Hybrid Cloud - AWS and on-premise Kafka experience will be helpful
- Strong Linux administration experience
- 5+ years coding on Shell scripting, Python/Golang, or any scripting languages, and knowledge of Java
- Expertise in Kafka brokers, Zookeepers, Topics, connectors, KSQL, Sync Connect, Source Connect, Cluster management, and Kafka DR planning
- 5+ years’ experience setup and administrating MongoDB
- Working knowledge on Apache Storm workers
- Working knowledge on NGNIX and API management
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins, CICD, and software and Kafka deployment
- Familiar with operating and maintaining cloud solutions to address PCI, SOX, and HIPAA
- B.S. in Computer Science or related fields