Sr. Risk Analyst
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
This Sr. Risk Analyst position is responsible for supporting enterprise goals by leading risk programs and reporting.
Specifically, the Sr. Risk Analyst will assist the enterprise in leading third-party registrations (ISOs, Vendors, PayFacs). The successful candidate will support other risk programs including the reputational risk management program consisting of merchant URL monitoring and high brand risk registration / monitoring. The role will support exams and issues management activity by serving as a liaison between MerchantE and key business stakeholders and will prepare regular reporting for internal and external stakeholders. The role will also identify, develop, and maintain processes and procedures to ensure effective risk management across the enterprise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders including internal partners and external partners such as card brand and sponsor bank representatives; serve as a liaison and point of escalation for risk related issues as needed.
- Support reputational risk management by performing ongoing URL monitoring activities, High Brand Risk registration and monitoring, BRAM/GBPP remediation, and merchant violations monitoring.
- Support exams and issues management activities by coordinating external examiners, gathering and submitting requested documentation, and tracking issue remediation through to closure.
- Lead reporting efforts for the risk team by gathering data from source systems, inserting into reporting formats, and delivering/discussing with key internal stakeholders and external stakeholders including sponsor banks and card brands.
- Own procedural documentation and perform ongoing evaluation of processes, procedures, and policies; continual refinement to support optimization of compliance activities.
- Support sponsor bank implementation / migration initiatives by completing and submitting registration forms and implementation documents and serving as point of contact for the project team.
- Support strategic initiatives as needed potentially including new product implementation, M&A activity, and entry into new high-risk sales verticals
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Motivated self-starter who operates with an ownership mindset and takes responsibility and accountability for the success of the department and organization as a whole.
- Strong research, data analysis, and process improvement skills.
- Project management skills including attention to detail and ability to course correct as needed to ensure outcomes are achieved.
- Working knowledge of the payments industry and Card Brand rules and regulations; ability to research and apply specific rules as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an ability to translate minutiae into a broader business perspective.
- Highly organized and adept at multi-tasking and adapting to evolving priorities.
- Flexible, intellectually curious, creative thinker with the ability to connect dots, define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions, and manage uncertainty.
- Strong interpersonal skills with presence and the ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior and executive management, external stakeholders, peers, and team members.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with strong presentation skills.
- Openly shares feedback, information, ideas, and best practices.
- Proficiency in Excel and report building.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or industry-related field preferred.
- At least 4 years of industry-related experience with Card Brand rules and regulations. #Li-TH1