Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment (including a game room and free snacks!) where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to work, deploy, and manage our documentation who is passionate about their work and embraces the ideals of Agile development practices.
US WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED - No visa sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our Product Management and Engineering teams
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, training and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help external and internal end-users use our applications
- Self-motivated writer who can take the initiative and work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- 3+ years of experience in a software development environment.
- Proven working experience in writing software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong working knowledge Markdown and HTML
- Experience with an API Documentation tool is preferred
- Basic familiarity with the Agile SDLC and software development
MerchantE is committed to creating a diverse work environment and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.