VP Internal Audit
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment (including a game room and free snacks!) where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The VP, Internal Audit is responsible for building out and leading the internal audit function in support of the Company’s enterprise risk management program. In leading internal audit as the third-line of defense, the VP, Internal Audit will design, implement, and maintain an internal audit methodology that ensures adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, policies, and procedures, as well as compliance with relevant industry standards and guidelines.
The role will functionally report to the Board of the company, with administrative reporting to the CEO.
- May oversee the work of entry-level and/or contract auditors.
- Ensure third-line audit activities align to and support an effective enterprise risk management program.
- Design and maintain the organization’s internal audit methodology, including the development of tools and templates to facilitate the execution of audit activities.
- Cultivate and maintain a master inventory of core business policies, procedures, and processes.
- Conduct audits to test the adequacy of financial controls and accuracy/reliability of financial and accounting records, statements and reports; ensure conformance with industry rules and regulations.
- Conduct risk-based audits to test the adequacy of controls related to material risks within first-line and second-line functions; these may include regulatory compliance, information technology, information security, and risk management.
- Design and maintain a program for the organization to self-identify risk and control weaknesses, as well as attendant processes to measure, monitor, and report on remediation progress.
- Draft audit reports and present findings and analysis to Executive Leadership and the Board; identify and recommend improvements to internal controls.
- Continually assess the internal audit methodology for optimal suitability, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
- Provide audit support, as needed, for broader business initiatives which may include M&A, business transformation, and organizational restructuring.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 7+ years in internal auditing.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and reporting, including SOX compliance.
- Extensive knowledge of information technology infrastructure and related policies and processes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Extremely proficient with accounting software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Three years of related experience within financial services and FinTech sectors.
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation preferred.
MerchantE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.