VP of Product Performance
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
As the Vice President of Product Performance, you’ll be managing a team of incredibly talented and collaborative product managers to further our product offering and to continue to establish MerchantE’s market position. This highly visible role reports directly to the Chief Product Officer. We are looking for a seasoned individual with a background in Financial Technology who can help grow the team, set the overall vision and strategy for the product, and lead cross-functional initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee the product management team to execute MerchantE’s product, user experience, and technology strategy to propel our growth and profitability
- Serve as the expert on our products and align with what our customers need from us
- Drive the success of multiple product lines by partnering with stakeholders to align on product strategy and deliver measurable results that solve our customer problems
- Build and manage a long-term product lifecycle while successfully delivering product releases on-time and on-budget
- Define, track and elevate key metrics and success criteria for product features and offerings pre and post-launch
- Build and lead a high-performing team of Product Directors & Business Analysts, including career planning, performance management, and exceptional coaching
- Define and assess metrics to measure the effectiveness of the entire Product team.
- Work with CXO team to realize new business models and products
- Work with Marketing, Sales and Support teams to drive revenue, audience, profit and engagement from all revenue channels
- Work with Engineering teams to identify, design and build scalable platform components for delivering product capabilities, and the mechanisms for supporting them at scale
- Own the product P&L as one measure of our shared success
- Align with Sales Organization to understand customer needs
- Ability to identify/recruit, develop, and coach talent to greater health and performance while managing change across the organization
- Proven ability to get things done through strategy, design and cross-functional implementation
- Proven ability to work effectively in fast-paced, ever-changing, growth-stage organizations
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate by example, and manage change across the organization
- Proven skills in product strategy, customer identification, customer and product discovery
- Proven skills in stakeholder management, strategic prioritization, consensus and evangelism
- Demonstrated technical acumen and grasp of constraints and opportunities for scale
- Demonstrated experience in hypothesis-driven, continuous learning and experimentation
- Entrepreneurial mindset, bias for action, and demonstrated ability to make hard calls
- Superior visual, verbal and textual communication, presentation and storytelling skills
- 8+ years of relevant working experience, with at least 3 years at the Vice President level
- 8-10 years’ experience in product development, software, and/or financial technology
- 6-8 years’ experience managing and developing teams across the growth/scale lifecycle
- BA/BS in computer science, computer engineering or related technical field
- Deep understanding of SaaS and/or Paas business and proven success in B2B product initiatives and leadership
- Exceptional leadership quality and experience building and leading high performing product teams
- Detailed oriented and able to make tough decisions with limited data. Strong internal and external facing written and verbal communication skills
- Able to distill product roadmaps into digestible and relevant presentations to key customers and partners
- Team oriented and able to collaborate with other stakeholders within the company to take an idea from conception to launch