VP of Product Performance
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
As the Vice President of Product Performance, you’ll be leading the Product Performance team and establishing processes to provide more visibility into the performance of MerchantE’s product suite. This highly visible role reports directly to the SVP of Product. We are looking for a driven, collaborative individual with a background in Financial Technology who can help grow the team, define and execute product financial reporting, and lead cross-functional initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a high-performing team of Product Directors & Business Analysts, including career planning, performance management, and exceptional coaching
- Define, track and elevate key metrics and success criteria for product features and offerings pre and post-launch, with an emphasis on the financial key performance indicators
- Work closely with the Sales organization to determine revenue opportunity numbers for new product or product enhancement business cases
- Serve as the expert on our products and align with what our customers need from us
- Drive the success of multiple product lines by partnering with stakeholders to align on product strategy and deliver measurable results that solve our customer problems
- Align with Sales Organization and Customer Care to understand customer needs
- Proven ability to get things done through strategy, design and cross-functional implementation
- Proven ability to work effectively in fast-paced, ever-changing, growth-stage organizations
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate by example, and manage change across the organization
- Proven skills in product strategy, customer identification, customer and product discovery
- Proven skills in stakeholder management, strategic prioritization, consensus and evangelism
- Demonstrated technical acumen and grasp of constraints and opportunities for scale
- Demonstrated experience in hypothesis-driven, continuous learning and experimentation
- Entrepreneurial mindset, bias for action, and demonstrated ability to make hard calls
- Superior visual, verbal and textual communication, presentation and storytelling skills
- 8+ years of relevant working experience
- 8-10 years’ experience in financial technology and/or product management
- 6-8 years’ experience managing and developing teams across the growth/scale lifecycle
- BA/BS in computer science, computer engineering or related technical or finance field
- Deep understanding of SaaS and/or Paas business and proven success in B2B product initiatives and leadership
- Exceptional leadership quality and experience building and leading high performing product teams
- Detailed oriented and able to make tough decisions with limited data. Strong internal and external facing written and verbal communication skills
- Able to distill product roadmaps into digestible and relevant presentations to key customers and partners