VP Sales Engineering and Professional Services
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
We’re looking for a strategic yet hands-on Vice President of Sales Engineering and Professional Services to lead and scale our Sales Engineering capabilities as we continue to grow. This individual will be responsible for leading and managing our Sales and Professional Services team.
The Vice President of Sales Engineering and Professional Services has oversight for a growing team that delivers and executes on the pre and post-close sales lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be a highly effective executive partner across the company, working with key stakeholders in Sales, Engineering, IT and Product to understand requirements, identify areas for improvement, and design solutions. The individual will also be responsible for overseeing the boarding of larger, more complicated merchants and partners. Our ideal leader gets excited about rolling up their sleeves as an action-oriented leader, effectively delivering an excellent customer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and mentor a team of Sales Engineers, ensuring world-class expertise for customers, internal and external
- Establish goals, operational objectives, and work plans for the Sales Engineering team with continual review to manage success
- Actively coach technical sales strategy for strategic deals
- Steer and organize the Sales Engineering team in day-to-day Sales Support efforts; continuously iterate and improve
- Understand the operation of various ERP systems. Knowledge of NetSuite desirable
- Have a working understanding of how card and ACH transactions process end to end through various gateways and tech companies
- Assure completion of technical and professional certification programs required for the Sales Engineering team
- Actively measure, monitor, and adjust resources and activities appropriate to maintain excellent customer engagement
- Provide status updates on key projects weekly
- Collaborate with other areas of the organization, including Product and Sales Enablement to incorporate new features and functionality to the MerchantE product lines; provide technical expertise to contribute to internal decision-making
- Stays up to date on the latest trends within the FinTech industry; conduct technical and competitive landscape research to best serve customers; educate internal departments on trends and landscape
- Lead Partner Certification and Recertification efforts into the MerchantE platform
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements; willing to be flexible with responsibilities
Sales Engineering Performance and Execution
- For larger, strategic customers, serve as the technical sales lead throughout the sales cycle, including co-leading customer relationships with sales executives and giving technical demos
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert of MerchantE products and services and how they create value for customers
- Close the technical sale by presenting to C-Level Executives and decision makers.
- Identify and analyze customer requirements through discovery meetings; partner with clients to implement complex solutions
- Provide and maintain technical sales support (e.g., product presentations, architecture reviews, application discussions, prototype development) for key accounts when needed or requested by sales leaders
- Provide technical demonstrations and presentations on MerchantE products to both new and existing customers, sharing the value proposition and benefits of the solution.
- Document process flows and procedures to ensure smooth implementation of MerchantE platform to partners’ ecosystems.
- Educate internal teams on new products and solutions, value propositions, and benefits.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships to future-proof MerchantE offerings; Includes gathering documentation required to satisfy third party requirements, as applicable, including vendor due diligence, card brand agent registrations, and PCI Documentation
- MS / BS degree in Business, Computer Science, Business Analytics or equivalent
- 7+ years of technical leadership experience
- 10+ years Sales Engineering experience
- Strong performance management and team-building skills
- Excellent collaboration skills with cross-functional organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to develop solution designs and understand solution architecture
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Project management skills
- Experience in Salesforce, Jira, and other CRM/SaaS tools