Compliance Analyst, Card Brand
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Card Brand Compliance Analyst is responsible for supporting enterprise goals by ensuring ongoing compliance with Card Brand rules and regulations (e.g. Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, and the Debit Networks). The Card Brand Compliance Analyst will assist the enterprise in navigating the Card Brand rules and regulations, provide subject matter expertise to internal and external stakeholders, and directly manage various Card Brand compliance programs and initiatives. The role will also identify, develop, and maintain processes and procedures to ensure effective compliance across the enterprise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter expertise related to Card Brand rules and regulations, serving both internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders including internal partners and external partners such as card brand and sponsor bank representatives; serve as a liaison and point of escalation for compliance items as needed.
- Manage and support compliance with Card Brand data integrity programs, including research and analysis to identify root cause and required remedial actions.
- Support reputational risk management by performing ongoing URL monitoring activities, performing ongoing monitoring of clients in high-risk verticals including CBD, nutraceuticals, firearms, etc., and researching/resolving findings.
- Lead high brand risk registration efforts and ensure clients in HBR verticals maintain required certifications.
- Review incoming Card Brand bulletins impacting compliance team and implement action plans to maintain compliance.
- Support remediation of merchant violations of Card Brand rules and regulations.
- Lead internal and external reporting efforts for the compliance team by gathering data from source systems, inserting into reporting formats, and delivering/discussing with key stakeholders as needed.
- Provide compliance support and expertise related to Card Brand and sponsor bank audits.
- Serve as primary system administrator for Card Brand website accesses and application and tool orders; manage directories for company contacts.
- Own procedural documentation and perform ongoing evaluation of processes and procedures; continual refinement to support optimization of compliance activities.
- Support sponsor bank implementation / migration initiatives by completing and submitting registration forms and implementation documents and serving as point of contact for the project team.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the payments industry and Card Brand rules and regulations; ability to research and apply specific rules as needed.
- Strong research, data analysis, and process improvement skills.
- Project management skills including attention to detail and ability to course correct as needed to ensure outcomes are achieved.
- Motivated self-starter who operates with an ownership mindset and takes responsibility and accountability for the success of the department and organization as a whole.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an ability to translate minutiae into a broader business perspective.
- Highly organized and adept at multi-tasking and adapting to evolving priorities.
- Flexible, intellectually curious, creative thinker with the ability to connect dots, define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions, and manage uncertainty.
- Strong interpersonal skills with presence and the ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior and executive management, external stakeholders, peers, and team members.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with strong presentation skills.
- Openly shares feedback, information, ideas, and best practices.
- Proficiency in Excel and report building.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or industry-related field preferred.
- At least 5 years of industry-related experience with Card Brand rules and regulations.