Director of Strategic Pricing
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment (including a game room and free snacks!) where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Director of Strategic Pricing is a critical position supporting business to provide price strategies, revenues management and analytics. This position will be a trusted partner working closely with sales, product and finance leadership teams to grow revenue and margins. He/She is expected to be a confident decision maker who will work with cross functional across the organization to ideate, develop and implement go to market strategies to support customer growth. This position will be reporting to SVP, Revenue Management and Pricing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate strategic revenue opportunities & partnerships providing guidance and recommendations to executive team
- Develop and lead pricing and profitability initiatives working with a cross functional team to generate revenue and improve margins.
- Create, maintain and enhance various financial models to evaluate the pricing proposals for new and existing partners.
- Lead financial review and decisioning on acquisition of new partners working closely with sales and finance leadership.
- Develop KPI, analytics, and develop insights on the performance of various channels, partner portfolios for effective revenue and margin management.
- Provide financial impact analysis from the CAU releases and develop pricing strategies to mitigate the cost exposure.
- Develop through understanding of various merchant pricing methods, billing structures, product pricing and go to market strategies bundling and packing various products and services
- Track and monitor monthly portfolio KPI and trends
- Perform benchmarking on key metrics including revenues, costs, margins, industries, and geographies
- 7+ years experience in Payments or other financial services with Pricing strategy and Financial analytics experience.
- Expertise in MS Excel and financial modeling.
- Ability to manipulate large quantities of data, summarize findings and provide recommendations.
- Able to work in the details while also being able to step back and see the big picture.
- Confident decision maker - be able to evaluate numerous criteria and make good business decisions.
- Ability to build good working relationships; able to persuade others in decision making.
- Being the thought leader in enhancing and optimizing MerchantE pricing capability.
- Strong Communication - ability to present, recommend, and influence senior leaders through data, insight and persuasion particularly related to product go-to-market strategies.
- Personal Drive - willingness and desire to go the extra mile in uncovering and solving difficult business problems, even when it lies outside traditional boundaries.
- Team Player - willingness and desire to be part of a strong team and contribute to a strong culture within and across organizations; in support of Sales, Product, Finance or other organizations.
- Problem solver- who is constantly looking for ways to create efficiencies and improve processes.
- Expertise using pricing software and analytical tools and powerBI data cubes.
- Expertise using SQL developer/Toad like tools to write SQL queries and pull data from Oracle database
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA highly preferred.
MerchantE is committed to creating a diverse work environment and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.