Manager, Software Engineering
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
We’re assembling an extremely talented group of developers to work on our payment processing platform. We are looking for people who thrive on making innovative applications, websites, and solutions. We are looking for a Engineering Manager to work, deploy, and manage full stack systems who is passionate about their work and embraces the ideals of the software craftsmanship and Agile development practices.
- Be a key participant in our Agile organization.
- Own the quality of the product, from code architecture to end-user quality.
- Be able to perform project discovery activities
- Work closely with the Architecture team and business team to ensure the development teams are on the right path.
- Provides hands-on development on AWS cloud solutions.
- Engage in code reviews to ensure team members are contributing code that meets the short and long-term goals of our applications.
- Influence the technology choices for applications.
- Communicate context internally for the team and to the larger organization.
- Be able to troubleshoot any production issues.
- Own the careers of the individuals that report to you.
- Be able to pull together lean and Agile metrics.
- Should be capable of identifying risks and dependencies associated with SDLC for each of the project
- Be able to identify resolution path for any blockers by actively engaging right person/department.
- Provide necessary coaching and training to the team on technology stack necessary for project development
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
- 8+ years of overall software development experience
- 3+ years of experience leading Agile software development teams
- Successfully released software products from ideation to production
- Hands-on coder, in Java, or any major OO language
- Development experience on AWS or any cloud platform
- Experience successfully building teams in an Agile environment
- Previous experience separating team members from an organization
- Ability to demonstrate the fundamentals of leadership
- Experience mentoring engineers to greatness: code, test, and culture
- Knowledge of when to intervene and when to let the team struggle
- Understand how to be a partner in the Agile estimation process
- Be technical enough to ask the right questions and come from a technical background