Product Support Specialist
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Product Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical and business support and consultation to sales, customer care, portfolio management, account management and other internal/external partners. This position is integral to ensuring that customers and partners are certified on Payment Gateway products, assisting with and resolving escalated product issues and responding to product-related questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
E-Commerce/Payment Gateway Product Support:
- Provide ongoing support for all aspects of Payment Gateway products ME supports for clients and merchants.
- Assist with all escalated issues related specifically to the ME Payment Gateway/Direct Connect products.
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance of the automated regression testing tool for the Payment Gateway.
- Ensure that all transactions are tested for interchange qualification.
- Validate transaction output, including all ME online reports.
- JIRA ticket submission
- Token/data extraction, transfer
- Back end Security Settings (AVS/CVV)
- Card Association, Stored Credentials, Return Authorization requirements
Consulting, support, setup/configuration for:
- PayHere hosted checkout,
- account updater (AUS),
- recurring billing (RBS),
- reporting (web and API),
- chargeback API,
- virtual terminal (all versions),
- in-house cart plugins,
- NetSuite reconciliation and retail swipe bundles, Tokenization, ACH
- Batch Processing
- Split Funding
- and other third-party systems and products
Internal MerchantE product support
- Develop and maintain intimate knowledge of ME products and processes.
- Assist ME staff and clients by responding to product-related questions and identifying and resolving problems.
- Work closely with ME application engineers to report, track, and resolve issues related to M products and systems.
- Run scripts, report and track the results, and assist in the resolution of problems.
- Test and escalate issues and system bugs to engineering and development for all systems in portfolio.
- Adding/disabling user rights in BP
- UAT - NetSuite, Magento, Business Platform, Hosted Checkout, Virtual Terminal
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Understand of or experience with coding with Enterprise Resource Planning software (i.e. Netsuite)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a troubleshooting/technical support role
- Knowledge of software development processes and concepts.
- Experience with analysis and testing of operating system functionality
- Relevant experience with e-commerce payments products and platforms
- Customer service mindset with excellent soft skills
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving capabilities