Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
We are looking for Sr. Full Stack Software Engineers who are passionate about their work and embraces the ideals of the software craftsmanship movement and Agile development practices. Self-motivated engineer who can take the initiative and work effectively both independently and as part of a scrum team of engineers.
US WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED - No visa sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- One of the focuses for this role will first be to help modernize our tech stack
- Help move the team to idempotent production and continuous delivery
- Be a part of a cross-functional team and continue our charge towards test automation and continuous integration
- Work closely with our team of Product Managers, as well as your own team of developers, QA, and designers
- Drive innovation by coming up with new and surprising ideas for our applications and our processes
- Translate application user stories and use cases into functional applications
- Design, implement, and maintain our application and infrastructure components
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise and implement solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Refactor and improve maintainability of the codebase
- Solve complex scalability, platform, and integration problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Proficient in Java 8+ and Spring Boot
- 8+ years within an object-oriented software development environment
- Excellent knowledge service-oriented programming paradigms
- 5+ years in building and designing SQL databases.
- 5+ years experience with popular Java J2EE web application frameworks such as Spring, Entity Framework, Hibernate, Agular JS, ReactJS, and Dependency Injection containers (AutoFac, SpringDI).
- 5+ years experience writing unit test, stubs, mocks in a TDD environment
- 5+ years experience building on premise and/or cloud (AWS preferred)
- Creativity and ability to learn and solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with a version control system (preferred GIT)
- Working knowledge of automating the build and deployment of on premise and/or cloud applications
- Working experience in a Windows and/or a Linux and/or a Macintosh environment
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, SOLID principles, design patterns.