Sr. Customer Care Specialist
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
Under general supervision, responsible for providing high-touch service and technical support for all internal and external customers. In addition to increasing first call resolution and customer satisfaction. Position will require availability to work varied shifts and days to ensure coverage and support. (Some holidays, weekends, and late shifts)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and/or resolve customer inquiries/concerns in a fast-paced call center environment.
- Manage case and email load in a quick and efficient manner.
- Understands the business logic and the offerings and applies this knowledge to proactively optimize the customer experience.
- Responsible for retention of customers by delivering excellent service.
- Act as a consultant to the merchants. Provide solutions to meet their changing needs.
- Utilizes the Knowledge base for problem solving.
- Technical and process lead; spends significant time as a resource to help less experienced staff.
- Works on more complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factor. Often exercises judgement within defied procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Create Knowledge content (articles) to document previously unknown solutions.
- Works special projects as they arise
- Meet Departmental Performance Standards as outlined
- 3+ years Customer Service (call center) experience
- Strong sense of customer service with heavy customer contact via telephone and email in a high-volume environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and listening skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and achieve targets.
- Detail oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Adopts and promotes a continuous improvement mindset
- Technical mentoring: teaches and provides technical support to front-line staff.
- Creates solutions to previously unknown complex problems.
- Handles multiple tasks, switches priorities, and focuses as needed.
- Ability to schedule time effectively and proactively
- Ability to meet critical deadlines consistently
- Ability to follow through to 100% completion all tasks and job functions
- 1 to 2 years payment experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Demonstrated computer navigational skills/technical skills for Customer Care
- Demonstrated retention experience in a customer care environment