Sr. Director of Enterprise Billing Systems
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Sr. Director of Enterprise Billing Strategy is a critical position who will develop processes and discipline to manage billing as a new function for MerchantE. This position will be the liaison for finance and sales with IT/engineering teams to enhance current and develop new billing capabilities for various product and service to our merchants and partners. This position will be reporting to SVP, Revenue Management and Pricing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Become the business, functional owner and SME of Merchant and Partner Billing Systems
- Project manage an effective billing process into our month end close by collaborating and engaging engineering, product, pricing teams.
- Evaluate current capabilities of merchant and partner billing systems and develop requirements for any gaps and future needs.
- Perform audits to stop billing related revenue leaks and develop processes to automate the audits.
- Develop plans with a goal of identifying permanent fixes for billing issues, including highlighting the issues to the leadership team for prioritization.
- Work with cross functional teams to provide billing mapping and testing support for M&A conversion projects
- Perform monthly partner payments to partners accurately
- Perform research and work with cross functional team to solve day to day billing issues raised by various stake holders
- Work with stake holders to develop preventive measures to avoid billing errors and champion the automation of various billing functions
- 7+ year’s experience in Payments, Financial Services, or Management Consulting with billing, pricing experience.
- Required technical background and experience to evaluate billing systems and ability to communicate business requirements to functional requirements for engineering.
- Required expertise in complex database structures, billing software’s and write SQL queries is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering is highly preferred.
- Able to work in the details while also being able to step back and see the big picture.
- Confident decision maker - be able to evaluate numerous criteria and make good business decisions.
- Being the thought leader in enhancing and optimizing MerchantE billing capability
- Personal Drive - willingness and desire to go the extra mile in uncovering and solving difficult business problems, even when it lies outside traditional boundaries.
- Team Player - willingness and desire to be part of a strong team and contribute to a strong culture within and across organizations
- Problem solver- who is constantly looking for ways to create efficiencies and improve processes.