Vice President, Engineering
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
As we are embarking on our transformation to modern architectures on the Cloud, we are looking for a VP of Engineering to come lead the journey. We are looking for a strong technical leader with a high EQ to bring change to transform us into a modern payments tech company. You will report directly to the CTO and be a part of the leadership team shaping product and engineering strategy at MerchantE .
- You will influence the overall Technology strategy and roadmaps
- Lead a team of front-end and back-end, engineers
- Hire and grow our engineering team
- Collaborate with the executive leadership team on strategic decision-making
- Implement world-class standards of software development, quality, testing, deployment, and infrastructure
- Improve our engineering infrastructure and institute modern software engineering tools and practices
- Conduct 1:1s, mentor and help grow the careers of individuals on the team
- Be committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive engineering team
- 10+ years of experience building large-scale software applications with high volume transactions
- Successful in building inspired engineering teams that build and run high-performance modern web apps, microservices, and performant data pipelines that use AWS technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field; Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience with modern engineering practices like TDD and/or Pair Programming
- Experience modernizing monolithic stack to modern microservices architecture is a big plus
- Experience scaling engineering teams and hiring strong engineers
- Deep understanding of modern cloud development, monolithic and services-based architectures, CI / CD, monitoring and testing
- Experience building a high-velocity, metrics-driven engineering organization that is closely aligned with business goals
- Experience building out new teams as our organization scales including QA, DevOps / SRE, and others
- Commitment to fair hiring and building a diverse, inclusive team
MerchantE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 6715840002